On 7 September 2009, the international Co-Prosecutor filed two Introductory Submissions, requesting the Co- Investigating Judges to initiate investigation of five additional suspected persons. These two submissions have been divided into what is known as Case files 003 and 004.
The Co-Investigating Judge notified the Co-Prosecutors pursuant to ECCC Internal Rule 66 (1) about conclusion of investigation in Case 003 on 29 April 2011. The International Co-Investigating Judge has later re-opened the investigation in this case.
The identity of the two suspects in Case 003 remains confidential.
The investigation in Case 003 is focused on crimes allegedly committed between 17 April 1975 and 6 January 1979 on the following locations:
- S-21 Security Centre, Phnom Pen
- Stung Tauch execution site, Ponhea Krek District, Kampong Cham Province
- Kampong Chhnang Airport Construction Site, Krang Leav commune, Rolea P’ier district, Kampong Chhnang Province
- Division 801 Security Centre,Veun Sai District, Rattanakiri Province
- Stung Hav Rock Quarry worksite, Kampong Som Province
- Wat Enta Nhien Security Centre and execution site (also known as Wat Kroam), Kampong Som Province
- S-22 Security Centre, Mean Chey District, Phnom Penh
- Durian Plantation,Ream Village, Ream Commune, Prey Nub District, Preah Sihanouk Province
- Bet Trang worksite, Bet Trang Commune, Prey Nub District, Preah Sihanouk Province
Information on how to apply to become Civil Party in Case 003