So far, the Office of the Co-investigating Judges did not notify the public of the crime sites in Case 004, because, unlike in Case 002, there are serious doubts whether the suspects are “most responsible” according to the jurisdictional requirement of Article 2 ECCC Law. If the Court had no jurisdiction, it would be inappropriate to encourage civil party applications further to the 200 already received in this case, as this could raise expectations which might not be met later on.
However, since there is an increasing amount of speculative and wrong information being published in the media and on a certain website, the following information is released without prejudice to legal issues to be addressed in the Closing Order:
1. The Third Introductory Submission in Case 004 includes the following crime sites and criminal episodes:
A) KAMPONG CHAM PROVINCE (CENTRAL ZONE)
- Wat O Trau Kuon Security Centre in Peam Chi Kong Commune, Kang Meas District
- Wat Batheay Security Centre in Batheay Commune, Batheay District
- Met Sop (Kor) Security Centre in Kor Commune, Prey Chhor District
- Wat Phnom Pros Security Centre in Krola and Ampil Communes, Kampong Siem District
- Kok Pring Execution Site in Vihear Thom Commune, Kampong Siem District
- Chamkar Svay Chanty Security Centre in Svay Teap Commune, Chamkar Leu District
- Anglong Chrey Dam Forced Labour Site in Prey Chhor District
- Genocide against Cham People in Kampong Cham Province
B) KAMPONG THOM PROVINCE (CENTRAL ZONE)
- Wat Srange Security Centre in Tbeng Commune, Kampong Svay District
- Tuol Ta Phlong Prison and Execution Site in Kampong Chen Cheung Commune, Stung District
- Wat Kandal Security Centre in Chror Neang Commune, Baray District
- Wat Baray Chan Dek Security Centre in Balaing Commune, Baray District
C) PURSAT PROVINCE (NORD-WEST ZONE)
- Prison No. 8 in Sya Commune, Kandieng District
- Tuol Pochrey Execution Site in Sre Sdok Commune, Kandieng District
D) BATTAMBANG PROVINCE (NORD-WEST ZONE)
- Wat Kirirom Security Center in Phnom Sampov Commune, Banan district
- Banteay O Ta Krey Execution Site in Treng Commune, Ratanak Mondul District
- Banteay Treng Security Centre in Treng Commune, Ratanak Mondul District
- Wat Thoamayutt Security Centre in Moung Ruessei District
- Wat Kandal Security Centre in the center of Battambang City
- Wat Samdech Security Centre in Ta Pon Commune, Sangke District
- Wat Po Laingka Security Centre in Kampong Prieng Commune, Sangke District
E) BANTEAY MEANCHEY PROVINCE (NORD-WEST ZONE)
- Wat Banteay Neang Security Centre in Banteay Neang Commune, Mongkol Borei District
- La-Ang Phnom Kuoy Yum Execution Site in O Prasat Commune, Mongkol Borei District
- Wat Chamkar Khnol Execution Site in O Ombel Commune, Sisophon District
- Phnom Trayoung Security Centre in Preah Net Preah District
- Phum Chakrey Security Centre in Choup Commune, Preah Net Preah District
- Wat Preah Net Preah & Chamkar Ta Ling
- Trapeang Thma Dam in Por Char Commune, Phnom Srok District
- Spean Spreng & Prey Roneam Dam in Preah Net Preah District
F) TAKEO PROVINCE (SOUTH-WEST ZONE)
- Wat Pratheat Security Centre in Kok Prech Commune, Kirivong District
- Purge of the Central Zone
- Purge of the North-West Zone.
Victims wishing to apply as civil parties should contact the ECCC Victims Support Section, where they will be given relevant forms and further information about eligibility, time limit etc.
Victims Support Section, Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia
National Road 4
Chaom Chau, Dangkao
PO Box 71
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
House No. 6A
Street 21, Sangkat Tonle Basac I, Khan Chamcarmon
Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone: 023 214 291; or 097 742 4218 (helpline).
The office is open Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
2. In case the investigations are extended to other crime sites the public will be notified separately in due time.
3. At this stage of proceedings the Co-Prosecutors have no legal standing to inform the public of other crime sites, so that only information provided by the Co-Investigating Judges is relevant.