Transcription of English audio recordings (Court proceedings)
- UNAKRT (United Nations Assistance to the Khmer Rouge Trials) requires verbatim transcription (audio-typing) services from digital recordings of proceedings before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia ('the Court'), located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, from 1st July 2015 to 31 December 2016. The service is required in English. The average requirement per day (English transcription: 24,000 words per transcript).
- These services will be used by the Court as a back-up for in-house transcription, and no guarantee is given for the amount of work that will be requested from the provider.
- The Court will provide audio files exported from CourtFlow court reporting software, which includes annotations to identify speakers. Unless otherwise arranged, these files will be available for download by the vendor no later than 5 pm Phnom Penh time (GMT+7), with a transcript to be returned by 7 am Phnom Penh time the following day. When in session, the Court is expected to sit between 2 - 5 hours per day, 4 days a week.
- Sound quality of audio files provided by UNAKRT is very good to excellent. However, significant portion of the English transcript is simultaneously interpreted (from Khmer, English or French) and may contain strong Khmer accents.
- Technical requirement: provision of transcripts in the required typing format (as supplied by the UNAKRT Transcription Unit) and electronic format (Word 2010); ability to work with CourtFlow files. Accuracy rate: minimum 97%.
- Experience/expertise requirements: demonstrated expertise and experience in undertaking transcription of audio records, in particular in a setting involving complex legal issues and legal terminology. Experience with interpreted and heavily accented speech an advantage.
- A confidentiality undertaking will be required from all personnel performing services under the contract as well as the vendor.
When replying to this EOI, please send a fax or email to the attention of Baring Chhet, Referencing REOI/15/01 (fax: +855 (0) 23 861 555, email: email@example.com. Please state the name of your company, your vendor registration number (if already registered with UNAKRT), and if not your full contact details.